Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crock Pot Mac N Cheez

Since I mentioned Macaroni and Cheese as one of the recipes I'm looking to perfect, I figured I better post about our first experience with it since starting the blog. The Red-Head (AKA the Wife) made a Mac N Cheez recipe in the crock pot. Turned out pretty darn good - quite a bit like the traditional baked version that most of our Moms used to make. This one includes cheddar, Monterrey jack, and parm cheeses, as well as eggs and condensed milk.


I think we'd give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, but not quite the Macaroni and Cheese nirvana we were hoping for (Jer - still waiting for that recipe dude). I didn't discover the browning until later on when I dumped the leftovers out into a container. Still not sure if the browning had taken place during the normal cooking time, or after we left it in place while we ate and attended to other things. Either way, I found myself practically gorging on the brown stuff later on in the evening. I'd give that part a 9/10.





No comments: